Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm so eggcited!

IMG_0450
Go-Go(my Ameraucana chicken) finally layed her first egg and it is beautiful!  OK...I know no one probably cares, but for a crazy chicken person, this is exciting stuff!  I'm new to the chicken world, and when I heard there was a breed of chicken that layed in my favorite color, I was hooked. I got Go-Go this summer, and was told she would lay in the fall.  Well, I was begining to think there was something wrong with her...until this week!  She finally started laying.


IMG_9298


Here's Go-Go. She's my shyest chicken, so it is really hard to get a picture of her. She's sort of the loner of the bunch....always off on her own or hiding.  She's very different from the rest of the over-bearing, fearless posse.


IMG_0042


See what I mean.  This is them a couple weeks ago when I let them out on one of our nicer days. They stood at the back door all day begging for food.  Crazy chickens.


If you notice, my kitchen walls, and boots are in the same color as Go-Go's eggs.


IMG_0430
Here's a picture of all my girls eggs.  We have a nice mix of colors and sizes, just like my chickens!


 


 


 



1 comment: